A fantastic opportunity has arisen within our company. We are currently hiring for an Experienced Accounts Technician. The successful candidate will join our team based in Newtownards, County Down. The position is contracted as 25-30 hours, Full Time or Part Time. This is opening is perfect for someone with general accounting/bookkeeping experience, to join a company with exceptional customer service and significant training and development opportunities.
The successful candidate will deliver an efficient, timely and accurate service to a wide variety of clients in many industries either in house or on site as required. Candidates should be able to demonstrate personal characteristics appropriate to this post such as a ‘can do’ attitude, IT capability, multitasking, attention to detail, teamwork and working to fixed deadlines.
The role will require the candidate to join a friendly and dynamic team with a focus on getting the job done for the client. There will be opportunity for self-management whilst being supported by the principal Accountant to increase efficiency and accuracy within each job.
Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- To communicate effectively with colleagues and clients to manage the workflow for our VAT clients
- To accurately and efficiently process client paperwork to ensure timely preparation and filing of VAT returns
- To ensure all client bank accounts are reconciled
- To actively contribute to the team @ SJO ensuring client focus in every aspect of your work
- To assist in the preparation of Payroll
- To provide friendly and approachable administrative support in the office as required
The Ideal Candidate
- You will be self-motivated and have a can-do attitude with a strong focus on attention to detail and the ability to manage your time effectively to meet deadlines
- You can efficiently use Microsoft Office and demonstrate advanced MS Excel skills
- You will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience with book-keeping and VAT and prior experience of Quickbooks or Xero would be advantageous
- You will have previous experience of running computerised payroll
- You will ideally have experience working in an Accountancy practice
- You will have studied towards or achieved your AAT qualification or equivalent
- Full time role but flexible hours
- A challenging role that will help you to develop in your accountancy career
- Training and Development Plan
- Regular contact with clients and HMRC
- Private Medical Insurance
- Mobile Phone and Tablet
- Salary: £18,700 to £22,000 (pro-rata)
To apply please email email@example.com requesting an application form. Completed applications should be received by 16th August 2021 @ 5pm.