An opportunity has arisen within our rapidly expanding accountancy practice based in Newtownards, County Down for an experienced Payroll Administrator with general book-keeping experience. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a background in payroll to join a company with exceptional customer service and significant training and development opportunities.
The successful candidate will deliver an efficient, timely and accurate service to a wide variety of clients in many industries either in house or on site as required. Candidates should be able to demonstrate personal characteristics appropriate to this post such as a ‘can do’ attitude, IT capability, multitasking, attention to detail, teamwork and working to fixed deadlines.
The role will require the candidate to join a friendly and dynamic team with a focus on getting the job done for the client. There will be opportunity for self-management whilst being supported by the principal Accountant to increase efficiency and accuracy within each job.
- You will be assisting with a large portfolio of payroll clients from a range of industries.
- You will be doing multiple end-to-end payrolls on a weekly and monthly basis, including auto-enrolment.
- You will be maintaining benefits and pension information, adhering to payroll policies, and ensuring submission deadlines are met.
- You may also be involved in setting up new payrolls and ad-hoc troubleshooting services to clients who need additional assistance.
- You will be in regular contact with clients, staff, and HMRC obtaining information and dealing with queries throughout the payroll process.
- You will have the opportunity to work within the VAT team as the workload requires to broaden your book-keeping and accounting experience.
- We are seeking a personable and experienced payroller or bookkeeper with previous experience processing end to end payroll.
- Ideally, you will have additional bookkeeping experience.
- Flexible Hours (20-24hrs per week over 4-5 days)
- A challenging role that will help you to develop in your accountancy career
- Training and Development Plan
- Regular contact with clients and HMRC
- Private Medical Insurance
- Mobile Phone and Tablet
- Salary: £18,700 to £21,000 (pro rata)
To apply please forward your up to date CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Sara Otley, SJO Accountants Ltd, 37 Movilla Street, Newtownards, Co Down, BT23 7JQ.