Accounts Technician (Experienced)
An opportunity has arisen within our rapidly expanding accountancy practice based in Newtownards, County Down for an experienced Full Time Accounts Assistant. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with general accounting/bookkeeping experience to join a company with exceptional customer service and significant training and development opportunities.
The successful candidate will deliver an efficient, timely and accurate service to a wide variety of clients in many industries either in house or on site as required. Candidates should be able to demonstrate personal characteristics appropriate to this post such as a ‘can do’ attitude, IT capability, multitasking, attention to detail, teamwork and working to fixed deadlines.
The role will require the candidate to join a friendly and dynamic team with a focus on getting the job done for the client. There will be opportunity for self-management whilst being supported by the principal Accountant to increase efficiency and accuracy within each job.
Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- To communicate effectively with colleagues and clients to manage the workflow for our VAT clients
- To accurately and efficiently process client paperwork to ensure timely preparation and filing of VAT returns
- To ensure all client bank accounts are reconciled
- To actively contribute to the team @ SJO ensuring client focus in every aspect of your work
- To assist in the preparation of Payroll
- To provide friendly and approachable administrative support in the office as required
The Ideal Candidate
- You will have a can-do attitude with a strong focus on attention to detail and the ability to manage your time effectively to meet deadlines
- You can efficiently use Microsoft Office and demonstrate advanced MS Excel skills
- You will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience with book-keeping and VAT and prior experience of Quickbooks or Xero would be advantageous
- You will have previous experience of running computerised payroll
- You will ideally have experience working in an Accountancy practice
- You will have studied towards or achieved your AAT qualification or equivalent
- Full time role but flexible hours
- A challenging role that will help you to develop in your accountancy career
- Training and Development Plan
- Regular contact with clients and HMRC
- Private Medical Insurance
- Mobile Phone and Tablet
- Salary: £18,700 to £21,000
To apply please forward your up to date CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Sara Otley, SJO Accountants Ltd, 37 Movilla Street, Newtownards, Co Down, BT23 7JQ. Applications should be received by 26th August 2020 @ 5pm.